A competent person is... As described in the occupational health and safety act.
- Is qualified because of knowledge, training and experience to organize the work and its performance.
- Is familiar with the Health and Safety Act and regulations that apply to the work.
- Has knowledge of any potential or actual danger to health or safety in the workplace.
A competent worker is...
- Versed in the hazards that exist and or likely to exist on a job site.
- Versed in how to control or eliminate the hazards on a job site.
- Has been given the authority to promptly correct hazards... and does.